Mission of the INNOVATION Workshop:
To enhance science and math instruction in the Commonwealth of Virginia through the incorporation of nanotechnology and nanoscience concepts into K-12 classroom instruction. > LINK TO INNOVATION WORKSHOP RESOURCES PAGE
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define nanotechnology and identify major nanoscience and nanotechnology concepts
- Have an understanding of how to begin incorporating nanotechnology into classroom instruction within Virginia Standards of Learning
- Have access to teaching materials presented during the workshop for classroom use
- Have an understanding of further opportunities available at UVA, through our Research Experience for Teachers summer program
- Who should apply? Elementary, middle and high school teachers with an interest in innovative instruction for science, math, and pre-engineering
Participants will receive UVA Course Credit (1 credit hour) for successful completion of the workshop. With prior approval from participant's Principal or Staff Development Officer, this credit may be used as 30 Recertification Points.
Accommodations Provided by:
Hampton Inn & Suites At the University
900 W. Main Street, Charlottesville, VA 22903
Phone 434-923-8600 | Fax 434-923-8601
Please note: The CDE will coordinate with the hotel for those accepted to attend. You do not need to make individual contact with the hotel for the reservation.